Intown Concord Open Doors Meetings
Intown Concord regularly hosts Open Doors meetings where everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. These are open platforms to ask questions, share your thoughts, and brainstorm together about great things for our downtown. Light refreshments are served, and folks should feel free to pop in quickly, or to stay for longer. Watch this page for dates.
Save the date! 6/4/14
Intown Concord's 6th Annual Upstairs, Downtown Walking Tour
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 – 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Tickets $25 per person - available in May (limited to 100 participants)
We're working now to line up an amazing tour of seldom-seen upstairs spaces for all you fans of Concord history, culture, and architecture, plus a wine and cheese reception!
Mark your calendar for June 4 and watch this page for details.
Sponsorships available; contact info (at) intownconcord.org or call 226-2150. Thanks!
. . . . . . .
Thanks to everyone who participated in Intown Concord's 5th Annual Upstairs, Downtown Walking Tour!
Once again, we are truly grateful for the generosity of our 2013 sponsors:
Zoe & Co. Professional Bra Fitters
The Barley House
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 – 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Tickets $20/per person - available only at Merrimack County Savings Bank downtown!
We've lined up an amazing tour of seldom-seen upstairs spaces for all you fans of Concord history, culture, and architecture.
Your ticket to the 2013 Upstairs, Downtown Walking Tour gets you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at:
* New Endicott Hotel
* New Bindery Building
* Charter Trust
* Phenix Hall
* Office Suites @ Bicentennial Square
* Walton Apartment (above Rowland Studios)
...PLUS a wine and cheese reception in the office "penthouse" of Capital Commons!
The tour starts at 5:30 (please buy your tickets in advance at Merrimack County Savings Bank) - meet at the Red River Theatres Marquee. The reception starts at the end of the tour - approximately 7:30pm.
The 2012 Upstairs, Downtown Walking Tour was a sold-out success - thank you to all of our wonderful attendees, hosts, tour guides, landlords, and sponsors.
Once again we are truly grateful for presenting sponsor Merrimack County Savings Bank, reception sponsors Checkmate Workforce Management Solutions, Concord Monitor, Lincoln Financial Group, and Unitil, and refreshment sponsors Cobb Hill Construction, Concord Housing + Redevelopment, Corey Garland Photography, John S. Jordan Design, R.C. Brayshaw & Company, and The Duprey Companies.
Oh what a night!
Thank you to everyone who joined us at our Annual General Meeting & Locally Famous Art Auction on March 13 - hope you had as much fun as we did! Special extra thanks to all those who helped and contributed to this fundraising event - attendees, volunteers, painters, bidders, event sponsors, and board members. We're simply overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and spirit! The money raised will go to help Intown Concord meet its mission to promote and enhance the business environment, cultural activities, housing, and appearance of historic downtown Concord. Cheers!
Midnight Merriment is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013 ~ DOWNTOWN CONCORD!
FRIDAY, DEC. 6, 5:30 TO 12 MIDNIGHT
Join us downtown to kick off Concord's holiday shopping season at Midnight Merriment! Enjoy unique, locally owned businesses, beautifully decorated windows and historic buildings, and old-fashioned hospitality, throughout the downtown.
- Dine with friends and family at a variety of tasty downtown restaurants...
- Enjoy festive holiday decorations, special promotions, and refreshments at your favorite shops throughout Concord’s downtown - bring your wallet and support our local economy!
- Strolling caroling groups will delight your ears throughout the evening...
- Concord Arts Market’s Giftopolis on 2 levels in Eagle Square Atrium – more than 20 fine art and craft vendors, one night only (6:30 to 12 midnight)
- Bring your camera and your wish list for a visit with Santa in Eagle Square Atrium (6:00 to 7:30)
- Deliver your letter to Santa at Santa's letterbox (built by Parker Academy) at Bicentennial Square. (Stamped letters should be addressed to: Operation Santa, 25 Dorchester Avenue, Boston MA 02205)
- Enjoy the tree and manger scene and menorah on City Plaza
- Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association Lights of Life Remembrance Ceremony – 6:30pm at Merrimack County Savings Bank
- Warm Up With a Book - Children's stories read by local celebs, free books for kids, courtesy of Concord Public Library Foundation - Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt (6:00 to 8:00)
- Festively decorated, historic Kimball House Mansion (at the Capitol Center for the Arts) open for tours; hot beverages and other refreshments; gift certificates for CCA programming available for purchase. (5:30 to 10:00)
- Toys for Tots drive and visits with Santa at NH Federal Credit Union, 47 N. Main St.
- Free, festive treats and conversation at New Hampshire Public Health Association, 4 Park Street, Suite 403 (6:00 to 9:00)
- Women's Club of Concord open house with warm drinks, baked goods, and Chamberlin House tours, 44 Pleasant Street (5:30 to 7:30)
- Open Door Theatre presents a theatrical adaptation of the poetry of Robert Frost @ 8:00pm - New England College, 62 N. Main St.
- Leather Ornament Workshop with Claire Renaud at the League of NH Craftsmen HQ, 49 S. Main St.; call 224-3375 for info or to register (5:30 to 9:30)
- Holiday Poster Sale at Red River Theatres - featuring movie posters of films shown at RRT and lots more.
Midnight Merriment is presented by...
With support from...
Watch this page for info about the next Community Adult Spelling Bee!
We had hoped to revive the Bee in early 2014, but it hasn't happened yet...if you're interested in joining the planning team, we'd love to have you! Please contact info (at) intownconcord.org or call 226-2150. Thanks.
CONGRATULATIONS to the Sulloway and Hollis Spelloticians (above, in hats) - and THANKS to the many, many people who helped make Intown Concord's 4th Annual Community Adult Spelling Bee a success, including (back row, left to right) judges Steve Shurtleff, Tom Aspell, and Dan St. Hilaire; and our fantastic Bee Meister, Kevin Flynn! See you next year!
Concord is abuzz with excitement for the 4th Annual Community Adult Spelling Bee (Political Edition)!
Thursday, September 27, 2012 (Doors open at 5:30 pm, Spelling starts promptly at 6:00 pm)
Governor's Hall at Capitol Center for the Arts
CLICK TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS ONLINE TODAY! Or - visit our friends at the Center for Health Promotion (49 South Main St.), Charter Trust Company (90 North Main St.), Merrimack County Savings Bank (89 North Main St.), and True Brew Barista (3 Bicentennial Square) - tickets are just $10.
The event promises to be sweeter than ever, with the introduction of a fun new annual theme – for 2012, the Bee goes POLITICAL, with laughs guaranteed on both sides of the aisle. From an election-worthy décor to politically connected spelling words, the 2012 Bee will be a winner. On September 27th, (25) competitive teams of (3) will take the stage to battle it out for the Best Capital Spellers title. All proceeds directly support Intown Concord’s events, programs, and initiatives in Downtown Concord.
Our (local) celebrity panel of Bee judges includes Concord City Councilor/NH Executive Councilor Dan St. Hilaire (R), Concord City Council/NH State Representative Steve Shurtleff (D), and our politically neutral City Manager Tom Aspell (?).
For sponsorship opportunities, click here!
Team registration is open NOW ($200 per team, $350 for 2 teams); e/m firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot (competition limited to 25 teams)! Just a few slots remain.
To learn more about volunteering for the Bee, contact us today!
Thank you to our 2012 Spelling Bee sponsors:
THANKS to our downtown businesses and the Concord Community for a FANTASTIC Halloween Howl on 10/25/13! Click here to see awesome photos from our Facebook friends. See you next year!
2013 Halloween Howl: Friday, October 25, 5:30-7:30 pm
Families from across the region look forward with great excitement to the safe and celebratory atmosphere that Halloween Howl brings to downtown Concord!
This year's festivities include:
- Trick-or-treating at downtown businesses
- Horse-drawn wagon rides ($3 pp)
- Costume parade with Nazzy and Mya from WJYY-FM
- Ghost Dinner Band LIVE in Bicentennial Square (7:30)
- Climbing wall (5:30-6:30)
- Photo booth
Together, Intown Concord and the City of Concord’s Parks + Recreation Department produce this FREE community event, which regularly attracts 5,000+ event-goers.
Check out last year's Halloween Howl event page on Facebook.
Halloween Howl is sponsored by...
- Gondwana & Divine Clothing Co.
- Evolution Rock + Fitness
- True Brew Barista & Cafe
- Regency Mortgage Corp.
- Better Homes and Gardens/The Masiello Group
If you’re interested in volunteering to help with Halloween Howl, please contact us at 603-226-2150 or email@example.com. Thanks!
Mark your calendar for the 40th annual Market Days Festival in downtown Concord, NH, July 17 through 19, 2014! The planning team is preparing an awesome 3-day Market Days for the downtown community...watch the Intown Concord Facebook page (click here) for details on the festival and ways you can get involved.
Skip to a topic:
Love the Market Days Festival? Got the time and energy to be a part of the fabulous Planning Team? All are welcome to attend Market Days Planning Team meetings! Meetings take place monthly (twice each in June and July) at Intown Concord (49 S. Main Street, #202) and last about an hour. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weds., Mar. 19, 8:00am
- Weds., Apr. 16, 5:00pm - note pm time!
- Weds., May 21, 8:00am
- Weds., June 4, 8:00am
- Weds., June 18, 8:00am
- Weds., July 2, 8:00am
- Weds., July 16, 8:00am
Sponsorship opportunities for the 2014 Market Days Festival are available! Click here to download Intown Concord member/sponsor info (PDF) - or contact email@example.com.
Thanks to Capitol Sponsors, NH Federal Credit Union!
Additional 2014 Market Days Festival sponsors:
Vendor applications are here! Early bird deadline is April 11!
- FOOD VENDORS - click here to download a print-and-mail application (PDF)
- RETAIL AND NONPROFIT VENDORS - click here to download a print-and-mail application (PDF)
The Market Days Festival regularly attracts crowds of 50,000+ from throughout New Hampshire and New England; attendees come to enjoy shopping and nonstop cost-free musical and cultural programming.
“The story of this year's Market Days should be written in superlatives…(it) was a family-friendly party worthy of a capital city…Visitors ricocheted around downtown from one contest, concert or display to another. (Attendance) probably topped 50,000. Merchants were smiling.” (Concord Monitor, July 25, 2012)
Market Days Festival 2014 features include: Delicious food and great retail offerings throughout the festival, Free Family Fun offerings on the State House Lawn, Beer Tent, family-friendly entertainment on City Plaza, Homegrown Music Stage in Bicentennial Square, community programming at the intersection of Pleasant + Main, the Concord Arts Market, and much more - watch this page or the Intown Concord Facebook page for details!